Current Affairs 23rd July 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- Government waives duty on products imported for nuclear plants
-GoI has waived off basic customs duty (BCD) on products imported for nuclear plants.“All goods for use in generation of nuclear power” and “all forms of uranium ores and concentrates for generation of nuclear power” will now have to pay no basic customs duty.
- MP Govt announces cow welfare fund, hikes Haj committee grant
–Highlights of the state budget presented by Madhya Pradesh government:
- Allocation of Rs 8,000 crorehas been made to waive loans of 20 lakh farmers of the state.
- The grants for the Madhya Pradesh Waqf Board and the Haj committee have been hiked.
- A grant of Rs 132 crorehas been proposed for the welfare of cows.
ECONOMY AND BUSINESS
- RBI panel moots changes in timings for foreign exchange market
–Internal committee of the RBI has suggested that the foreign exchange market could function from 9 am to 9 pm. At present, the currency market works from 9 am to 5 pm. The panel suggested call money market timings could be extended till 6 pm instead of the 5 pm now.
- Defence Ministry signs MoU with IPFC and NRDC
–Defence Ministry has signed an MOU with the Intellectual Property Facilitation Cell and National Research Development Corporation in connection to the mission Raksha Gyan Shakti.
- LinkedIn appoints Ashutosh Gupta as country manager for India
–LinkedIn has appointed Ashutosh Gupta as the new country manager for India operations. Gupta will replace Mahesh Narayanan, who was the country manager for India for period from January-June 2019.
- World Population Day: 11 July
–The United Nations observes 11 July every year as World Population Day. This year’s World Population Day calls for global attention to the unfinished business of the 1994 International Conference on Population and Development.
SUMMITS AND CONFERENCES
- 14th conference of Parties to be hosted by India
–India will host the 14th conference of the parties from September 02 to 13 in Greater Noida. 197 countries are expected to participate in the conference.
- Isha Kanth bags ICJ internship programme
–Indian girl, Isha Kanth is one of the two persons in the world to have bagged an internship programme at the International Court of Justice.
- Fergus Kavanagh to conduct camp for Indian hockey defenders
–Fergus Kavanagh has been roped in to conduct a 7 day camp with Indian defenders at the Sports Authority of India Centre in Bengaluru.