Current Affairs 22nd April 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- India Successfully Test Fires Sub-Sonic Cruise Missile ‘Nirbhay’.
-India has successfully test-fires first indigenously designed and developed long-range sub-sonic cruise missile ‘Nirbhay’ from a test range in Odisha. The all-weather missile, has a 1000-kilometre strike range.
- Airtel, FICCI Ladies Organisation Launch Women’s Safety App.
-Bharti Airtel and the FICCI Ladies Organisation launched a carrier agnostic safety app named ‘My Circle’ which has been designed to empower women in the event of any distress or panic situation.
- First-Of-Kind ‘Voter Park’ Inaugurated In Gurugram.
-India’s first-of-its-kind ‘Voter Park’ was inaugurated in Gurugram, Haryana, aimed at increasing voter awarness and educating people about the electoral process.
- UAE To Host World’s Foremost Artificial Intelligence Summit.
-UAE is set to host the world’s foremost Artificial Intelligence Summit to empower global dialogue on the future of government, business and society. The inaugural ‘Al Everything’, AIE will take place at the Dubai World Trade Centre.
- BK Nayak Appointed FIH And Safety Committee Chair.
-Bibhu Kalyan nayak became the first Indian to be appointed Chair of International Hockey Federation (FIH) Health and Safety Committee by the world governing body.
- Najma Akhtar Becomes Jamia Millia Islamia’s First Woman Vice Chancellor.
-Professor Najma Akhtar was appointed as the first woman vice-chancellor of Jamia Millia Islamia, making her the first woman to hold the charge.
- Dr A K Singh Conferred With Lifetime Achievement Award.
-Dr A K Singh, director at Life Sciences, DRDO has been honoured with Lifetime Achievement Award 2019 during 4th APJ Abdul Kalam Innovation Conclave at Chandigarh University, Mohali.
- John Moore Won The World Press Photo Award 2019.
-An image of a little girl crying,as she and her mother have been taken into custody by US border officials in Texas won the prestigious World Press Photo of the Year.
- PayU Acquires Wibmo For USD 70 mn.
-PayU, Digital payments security and payment facilitator has acquired Wibmo, a US-based financial technology firm for USD 70 million to assist the company scale-up its business.