Current Affairs 21th November 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. Which of the following the organization has developed a simple messaging application named the ‘Secure Application for
A. Defence Research and Development Organisation
B. India Army
C. Indian Air Force
D. Indian Space Research Organisation
Explanation: Indian Army has developed a simple messaging application
named the Secure Application for the Internet (SAI).
● The application supports the end to end secure voice, text and
video calling services for Android platforms over the internet.
● The model is similar to commercially available messaging
applications like Whatsapp, Telegram, SAMVAD and GIMS
and utilises end to end encryption messaging protocol.
● SAI will be utilised pan Army to facilitate secure messaging
within the service.
02. Which of the following state has
passed an order for 7.5 % reservation
to govt school students in UG
B. Tamil Nadu
D. Madhya Pradesh
Explanation: Tamil Nadu Government has passed an order to provide 7.5
percent reservation for Government school students in
undergraduate medical courses.
● The state Assembly passed a bill unanimously on September 15th
for the purpose.
● However, it is yet to become a law as it awaits the state
Due to the ongoing COVID-19
pandemic, the Kolkata
International Film Festival (KIFF)
has been rescheduled to
A. December 2020
B. January 2021
C. February 2021
D. March 2021
Due to the ongoing COVID
-19 pandemic, the internationally
acclaimed Kolkata International Film Festival (KIFF) has been
rescheduled to January 2021 by West Bengal Government.
● Founded in 1995, it is the second oldest international film
festival in India.
● The festival is organized by the West Bengal Film Centre
under the West Bengal Government.
04. ‘Sumangal’ & Student Scholarship
web portals has been launched by
__________ state government.
C. West Bengal
Explanation: Odisha Chief Minister, Naveen Patnaik has launched
two web portals named ‘Odisha State Scholarship Portal’
and ‘Sumangal Portal’.
● The portal is to help eligible students of the state to avail
scholarship benefits in a seamless and transparent manner, while the latter one is to help people avail inter-caste marriage incentives.
05. World Psoriasis Day is observed
every year on _________.
A. 27 October
B. 28 October
C. 29 October
D. 30 October
Explanation: The World Psoriasis Day is observed every year on 29 October by
the International Federation of Psoriasis Associations (IFPA) to
promote awareness, empowerment, and action for improving the
quality of life for people with psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis
06. Which of the following company
buys GIF company Giphy?
Explanation: Facebook acquires Giphy, the web-based animated gif search engine and platform provider.
● Giphy has grown to be a central source for shareable, high-engagement content, and its animated response gifs are available
across Facebook’s platforms, as well as through other social apps and services on the web.
● Most notably, Giphy provides built-in search and sticker functions for Facebook’s Instagram, and it will continue to operate in
that capacity, becoming a part of the Instagram team.
● Giphy will also be available to Facebook’s other apps through existing and additional integrations.
07. Recently, A total of 41 people have died from Lassa fever in Nigeria. Lassa fever is mainly transmitted to humans when they come in contact with the saliva, urine and excreta of _________.
Explanation: A total of 41 people have died from Lassa fever in Nigeria’s northeastern state of Bauchi since the
outbreak of the viral disease in the country early this year.
● Lassa fever is believed to be transmitted to humans when they come in contact with the saliva, urine
and excreta of rats.
08. Recently, China has
announced to provide
_________ over two years to
fight the coronavirus pandemic
particularly in developing
A. USD 1 billion
B. USD 2 billion
C. USD 3 billion
D. USD 4 billion
Explanation: China will provide USD 2 billion over two years to fight the coronavirus pandemic.
● The USD 2 billion over the next two years will support COVID-19 response efforts, particularly in developing
● The announcement came as China faced growing global pressure over the lockdowns, death toll and a huge
increase in coronavirus cases that has brought the world to a standstill.
09. Who among the following chaired
the National Crisis Management
Committee meeting discussing the
preparedness and requirements
for Super Cyclone?
A. Arvind Panagariya
B. Nripendra Misra
C. Rajiv Gauba
D. Amitabh Kant
Explanation: Cabinet Secretary Rajiv Gauba chaired a National Crisis Management
Committee meeting and discussed the preparedness and requirements
for the upcoming Super Cyclone.
● As per state’s request, 13 teams of NDRF have already been pre-
positioned in West Bengal.
● Further, a sufficient number of Army, Air Force, Navy and Coast Guard
teams have been put on to meet any contingency and provide support to
the State Government.
10. Harsh Vardhan will represent
India at the 73rd World Health
Assembly. The Health
Assembly is held annually in
A. New York
Explanation: Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan will represent India at the 2-day World Health Assembly of the
World Health Organisation (WHO).
● Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the WHO has announced that the 73rd World Health Assembly will
be held virtually.
● The Health Assembly is held annually in Geneva, Switzerland.