Current Affairs 21st May 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- BSNL Launches ‘Bharat Fibre’ Broadband Service In Kashmir Valley.
-State-owned telecom firm BSNL has become the first operator to start optical fibre-based high-speed broadband service in Pulwama with the launch of ‘Bharat Fibre’.
- Mangaluru Police Gets An All-women Patrol Unit “Rani Abbakka Force”.
-Mangaluru City Police has launched an all-women police patrol unit ‘Rani Abbakka Force’. The force will cover the malls, beaches, educational institutions, places of religious importance, and the public transport system and handle issues related to eve-teasing and chain-snatching, among others.
- Government and IIT-Delhi To Set up a CoE For Waste to Wealth Technologies.
-The Office of the Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India and Indian Institute of Technology Delhi for setting up a Centre of Excellence for Waste to Wealth Technologies for implementation of sustainable, scientific and technological solutions for waste management.
- CBDT And GSTN Sign Pact To Nab Evaders.
-To nab tax evaders and reduce black money generation, the Central Board nof Direct Taxes and Goods and Services Tax Network signed an agreement to facilitate the exchange of data between the two.
- 16th Ministerial Meeting of Asia Cooperation Dialogue Held in Qatar.
-The 16th Ministerial Meeting of Asia Cooperation Dialogue was held in Doha, Qatar. Gen (Dr) V.K. Singh (Retd), Minister of State for External Affairs led the Indian delegation.
- Vladimir Putin Signs Law to Create Independent Russian Internet.
-Russian President Vladimir Putin has signed into law a new measure that aims to expand government control over the Internet.
- UK Parliament 1st In World To Declare Climate Emergency.
-The UK Parliament became the first national legislative body in the world to declare a climate change emergency.
- Huawei Overtakes Apple To Become 2nd Biggest Smartphone Maker.
-Huawei Technologies Co overtook Apple Inc to claim the No. 2 spot in smartphones making in the first quarter, moving a step closer to its avowed ambition of displacing Samsung at the top of the market.
- Former ISRO Chairman Awarded France’s Highest Civilian Honour.
-Former ISRO chairman A S Kiran Kumar was conferred with France’s highest civilian honour, Chevalier de I’Ordre national de la Legion d’Honneur, for his contribution to India-France space cooperation.