Current Affairs 20th November 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. Recently, Keshubhai Patel passed
away. He served as the chief minister
B. Uttar Pradesh
Explanation: Former chief minister of Gujarat Keshubhai Patel passed
away at the age of 92.
● He had tested positive for coronavirus last month and
was admitted at a hospital in Ahmedabad.
● Patel served as the chief minister of Gujarat in 1995 and
from 1998 to 2001, after which he was replaced by
02. Air Quality Index between 201 and
300 is considered as _________.
Explanation: The air quality in Delhi continues to remain in a very poor
● According to the Central Pollution Control Board, Delhi’s air
quality index was recorded at 397 at 10 AM.
● An Air Quality Index between 201 and 300 is considered
poor, 301 to 400 very poor, and 401 to 500 severe.
● According to the System of Air Quality and Weather
Forecasting and Research, SAFAR, the air quality is likely to
marginally improve and stay in the very poor.
03. Recently, the union cabinet
approved the Memorandum of
Understanding signed between
India and _________ on cooperation
in the field of medicine and health.
Explanation: The union cabinet approved the Memorandum of
Understanding signed between India and Cambodia on
cooperation in the field of medicine and health.
● The MoU will increase the cooperation between the
countries through joint initiatives and technological
developments in the health sector.
04. Who among the following has
been appointed as new Chief
Information Commissioner of
A. Yashvardhan K. Sinha
B. Sandeep Desai
C. Prakash Asthana
D. Mansi Nagpal
Explanation: The government of India has approved the name of
Former Foreign Service officer, Yashvardhan Kumar
Sinha as the new Chief Information Commissioner.
● The post of CIC chairman had been vacant for
several months after Bimal Zulka retired.
05. The Cabinet Committee on Economic
Affairs has approved that __________
of the food-grains and 20% of the
sugar shall be mandatorily packed in
diversified jute bags.
Explanation: The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has
approved that 100% of the food-grains and 20% of
the sugar shall be mandatorily packed in diversified
● The approval will benefit farmers and workers
located in the Eastern and North-Eastern regions of
the country particularly in the states of West Bengal,
Bihar, Odisha, Assam, Andhra Pradesh, Meghalaya
06. Recently, Which of the following state has passed Krishi Upad Mandi (Amendment) Bill 2020 to invalidate the Centres recently-
notified agriculture legislations?
A. Madhya Pradesh
B. Uttar Pradesh
Explanation: Chhattisgarh Assembly passed an amendment
Bill to invalidate the Centre ’s recently -notified
agriculture legislations in one day session.
● The Assembly passed the Chhattisgarh Krishi
Upad Mandi (Amendment) Bill 2020.
● It gives strength to the state government to
control all agricultural produce markets.
07. Who among the following was
honoured with a Lifetime
Achievement Award at the third
edition of the India International
Film Festival of Boston (IIFFB
A. Amitabh Bacchan
B. Om Puri
D. Naseeruddin Shah
Explanation: Late Indian actor Om Puri was honoured with a
Lifetime Achievement Award at the third edition
of the India International Film Festival of
Boston (IIFFB 2020).
● The award was received by his wife Nandita
08. International Internet Day is observed
every year on ________.
A. 27 October
B. 28 October
C. 29 October
D. 30 October
Explanation: Every year the International Internet Day is celebrated globally
on October 29 to commemorate a momentous day in the history
of telecommunications and technology.
● Theday marks the sending of the first electronic message which
was transferred from one computer to another in 1969.
09. ‘Swadhinata Puraskar’ is the
highest national award of
Explanation: The highest national award of Bangladesh ‘Swadhinata Puraskar
2020’ was conferred on eight distinguished persons and an
● The award carries a gold medal, certificate and Taka 5 lakh.
10. Who among the following recently
inaugurated the 4th India Energy
Forum by CERAWeek organised
by HIS Markit?
A. Amit Shah
B. Nitin Gadkari
C. Piyush Goyal
D. Narendra Modi
Explanation: PM Narendra Modi has inaugurated the 4th India
Energy Forum by CERAWeek organised by HIS Markit.
● The theme of this edition is “India’s Energy Future in a
World of Change”.