Current Affairs 20th July 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- Phase-II DBT in fertilizer subsidy launched
–Union Minister for Chemicals and Fertilizers launched the Phase-II of the Direct Benefit Transfer of Fertilizer Subsidy.
- Connaught Place 9th most expensive office location in the world
–According to property consultant CBRE, New Delhi’s Connaught Place (CP) is the 9th most expensive office location in the world. Hong Kong’s Central district retained the top spot as the world’s most expensive market for prime office rents.
- Sri Lanka eliminates measles
–Sri Lanka has become fifth country in the World Health Organisation (WHO) Southeast Asia region to eliminate measles.
BANKING AND BUSINESS
- Walmart Labs acqui-hires startups FloCare and BigTrade
-Walmart Labs has acqui-hired health tech startup FloCare and B2B wholesale trading platform BigTrade. The aim of acqui-hiring is to strengthen its customer service.
- Milkbasket acquires Bengaluru’s e-grocery store PSR Supply Chain
–Online grocery delivery platform Milkbasket has acquired Bengaluru-based e-grocery distributor PSR Supply Chain.
- VNL signs pact with Vietnam to develop digital villages
–Vihaan Networks Ltd (VNL) has inked a pact with Vietnam to develop digital villages.
- India Football Federation’s AIFF Awards announced
–The full list of AIFF awards:
- Best Grassroots Development Programme:Jammu & Kashmir Football Association.
- Best Referee: Venkatesh (Tamil Nadu).
- Best Assistant Referee:Joseph Tony (Karnataka).
- Emerging Women’s Footballer 2018-19:Dangmei Grace (Manipur).
- Emerging Men’s Footballer of the Year:Abdul Sahal (Kerala).
- Women’s Footballer of the Year:Ashalata Devi.
- Men’s Footballer of the Year:Sunil Chhetri.
- “News bulletin” launched in National Museum of Indian Cinema
–A News bulletin of the National Museum of Indian Cinema, brought out by the Films Division,was launched.
- Dutee Chand wins gold in Summer University Games
–Dutee Chand from Odisha has won the gold medal in the women’s 100 metre sprint at the 30th Summer University Games in Naples, Italy.