Current Affairs 1st July 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- Assam govt to set up Skill University at Darrang district
–Assam government will set up a Skill University at the cost of 850 crore rupees at Darrang district.
- 5th meeting of the Governing Council of NITI Aayog held in New Delhi
–The fifth meeting of the Governing Council of NITI Aayog was held under the chairmanship of the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi in New Delhi.
- ISRO opens its laboratories for Indian school students
–The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) has, for the first time, opened its laboratories for Indian school students to undergo two-week training from this year.
- Union Power Minister participated in G20 Ministerial Meeting
–Union Power Minister participated in G20 Ministerial Meeting on Energy Transitions and Global Environment for Sustainable Growthin Karuizawa, Nagano Prefecture, Japan on 15-16 June, 2019.
- Suman Rao from Rajasthan Crowned Miss India 2019
–Suman Rao from Rajasthan has won the Femina Miss India World 2019 beauty pageant during a star-studded ceremony at Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Indoor Stadium in New Delhi.
- World Day to Combat Desertification
–In 1994, the United Nations General Assembly declared June 17 the “World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought” to promote public awareness of the issue.
- Indian men’s recurve team bags Silver Medal in Archery World Championships
-Indian men’s recurve team bagged a silver medal in the Archery World Championships at Den Bosch in The Netherlands, thus ending India’s campaign with one silver and two bronze medals in the Championships.
- Joshna Chinappa wins record 17th National Title in Squash
–Joshna Chinappa made a record for the most number of national titles after beating her Tamil Nadu state-mate Sunayna Kuruvilla.