Current Affairs 1st December 2018
- Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences has launched a campaign to spread a pan-India awareness about hepatitis disease. Empowering People Against Hepatitis: The EmpathyCampaign was launched at Metro Bhawan, New Delhi in presence of Managing Director of DMRC. Dr. Mangu Singh, and Director ILBS Shiv Kumar Sarin.
- The militaries of China and India, set to hold a joint 14-day drill ‘Hand in Hand’ in southwest China’s Chengdu city to improve their capabilities in fighting terrorism and promote mutual understanding.
- Air forces of the United States and India are set to participate in a 12-day joint exercise ‘Cope India 2019’ at two air force stations in West Bengal.
- NITI Aayog has begun a series of Development Dialogues to engage experts, thought leaders and government stakeholders across key avenues of long-term social and economic development
- The Kimberley Process Certification Scheme (KPCS) Plenary 2018, was held in Brussels, Belgium, in November 2018. EU handed over the Chairmanship of KPCS to India from 1st January 2019.
- The European Commission is the first major economy to set its sight on achieving climate neutrality by 2050. The EU’s climate chief, Miguel Arias Canete, cited a recent scientific report that warned of deadly consequences for many species on Earth from rising temperatures.
- India’s 13-year-old shooter Esha Singh won the Women’s, Youth Women’s and Junior Women’s 10m Air Pistol competitions at the National Shooting Championship at Thiruvananthapuram.
- Asia Pacific Screen Award (APSA) 2018 for Best Performance by an Actor (Male) went to Nawazuddin Siddiqui for Manto. Nandita Das, director of the movie herself received the prestigious International Federation of Film Producers Associations (FIAPF) Award for achievement in film in the Asia Pacific region.