Current Affairs 19th November 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. Who among the following has won
the “Dr.Tulsi Das Chugh Award
A. Satish Mishra
B. Rajesh Bhushan
C. Randeep Guleria
D. Santosh Tyagi
Explanation: The National Academy of Medical Sciences (India)
has selected the Principal Scientist, Division of
Molecular Parasitology and Immunology, (CSIR CDRI)
-Lucknow, Dr Satish Mishra for “Dr.Tulsi Das Chugh Award 2020
He is awarded for his research work on Malaria
parasite’s life cycle which is a complex process
involving two hosts and three invasive stages.
02. ISRO will launch earth observation
satellite EOS-01 from _________
launch vehicle on November 7, 2020.
Explanation: The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
will be launching earth observation satellite EOS-01
as primary satellite and 9 customer satellites aboard
PSLV-C49 from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre
at Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh on November 7,
● This is ISRO’s first launch since the COVID-19
lockdown came into force in March.
03. Recently, Which of the following
country offers to sell its F-18 naval
fighter jets unmanned aircraft Sea
Guardian to the Indian Navy?
The United States of America (USA) has offered
-18 naval fighter jets for the Indian Navy’s
requirements of combat jets for its aircraft
● The Indian Navy had a few years ago expressed
interest in the acquisition of 57 naval fighter
aircraft for operations from its aircraft carriers
including the present INS Vikramaditya and the
under -construction Indigenous Aircraft Carrier.
04. Which of the following state has
disburses 1,115 cr benefitting 50
lakh farmers under second
instalment of Rythu Bharosa
D. Andhra Pradesh
Explanation: The Andhra Pradesh government has released the second
installment of Rs 1,115 crore under the Rythu Bharosa scheme.
05. Which of the following has
collaborated with the National Skill
Development Corporation (NSDC)
to impart digital skills to more than
one lakh women in India?
Explanation: Microsoft has collaborated with the National
Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) to
impart digital skills to more than one lakh
underserved women in India over the next 10
● As part of the collaboration, more than 70
hours of the course content will be made available
free of cost, covering topics such as digital
literacy, enhancing employability, nano
entrepreneurship, and communication skills.
06. Which of the following organization
has recently launched ‘Electricity
Access in India and Benchmarking
Distribution Utilities’ report?
A. NITI Aayog
B. NTPC Limited
C. NHPC Limited
D. National Development Council
Explanation: NITI Aayog, Ministry of Power, Rockefeller Foundation and Smart
Power India launched the ‘Electricity Access in India and Benchmarking Distribution Utilities’ report.
● According to the report, 92 per cent of customers reported the
overall availability of electricity infrastructure within 50 metres
of their premises.
● 87 percent of the surveyed customers have access to grid -based electricity. The remaining 13 percent either use non -grid sources or do not use any electricity at all.
07. Which of the following country
hosts the 19th Meeting of SCO
Ministers of Foreign Economy &
Explanation: India hosted the 19th Meeting of the Shanghai Cooperation
Organisation (SCO) Ministers of Foreign Economy and Foreign
● In the meeting four documents were adopted.
● They include a statement on the response to Covid-19 which
reinforces the need for greater cooperation for access to medicines
and facilitation of trade and statement on the Multilateral Trading
System of Ministers of SCO Countries who are WTO Members.
08. Who among the following is the
chairman of the 15th Finance
A. Ashok Lahiri
B. Arvind Subramanian
C. Ajay Narayan Jha
D. N.K. Singh
Explanation: Chairman of 15th Finance Commission, N.K. Singh and
its Members held a virtual meeting with the Chairmen of
previous Finance Commissions, Dr C. Rangarajan, the
Chairman 12th Finance Commission and Dr. Vijay
Kelkar who was the Chairman 13th Finance
● 15th Finance Commission is mandated to submit its
final report for 2021-26 by 30th October 2020.
09. Which of the following state has
launched a Young Advocates Welfare
Fund to provide a monthly financial
assistance of 3000 rupees each for
two years to the lawyers who just
come out of law colleges?
B. Tamil Nadu
Explanation: In Tamil Nadu, the Young Advocates Welfare Fund has been
● It provides a monthly financial assistance of three thousand
rupees each for two years to the lawyers who just come out of
● Normally a fresher from law colleges takes three to four years to
begin practice as an advocate in the court as the registration in
the Bar Council, and the mandatory practicing under a senior
advocate takes time.
10. The Reserve Bank of India has
barred Payment System Operators
(PSOs) from launching any new
proprietary QR code for payment
transactions. Q in QR code stands
Explanation: The Reserve Bank of India has barred Payment System
Operators (PSOs) from launching any new proprietary QR
code for payment transactions.
● Currently, there are two interoperable QR codes — UPI QR
and Bharat QR.