Current Affairs 19th November 2019
We are here with the Current Affairs 19th November 2019 comprising most important headlines of the morning related to national, international, business and sports news. Current affairs form a very important part of competitive exams like banking, insurance, SSC level exams etc.
- Indian Railways cuts energy bill by 80% in 11 trains with the introduction of HOG technology. The Head on Generation (HOG) technology has been recently introduced in trains fitted with LHB coaches and hauled by electric traction. Earlier technology which was used in trains was known as End on Generators.
- Indian Railways set to get new high speed electric locomotive after upgrades. The new locomotive is expected to be a game changer for movement of freight by Indian Railways.
- Indian Space research organization will launch Cartosat-3 satellite which is a third generation agile advanced satellite having high resolution imaging capability and 13 commercial nano-satellites from United States on November 25.
- NITI Aayog in its report titled “Health System for a new India, building blocks” has proposed a mandatory standard basic benefit as the basis for all health insurance coverage in India.
- New Delhi metro station starts check-in facility for GoAir, AirAsia India.
- United States has said that Israels settlements are no longer considered illegal. This statement from United States has hurt sentiments of the people of Palestine.
Banking / Business / Science
- US Private equity firm Advent International Corp, has acquired a controlling stake in Bharat Serums and Vaccines limited.
- Apple, Salesforce deepen partnership with the launch of new apps.
- Tesla set to bulk up the world’s largest lithium-ion battery
- A giant pink balloon was released at the Eden gardens, Kolkata and it will be floating in the sky till the end of 1st Day Night Test Match to be played there.