Current Affairs 19th May 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- India 4th Biggest Military Spender in 2018: SIPRI Report.
-India was the world’s fourth biggest military spender in 2018 behind the United States, China, and Saudi Arabia, according to new data think tank Stockholm International Peace Research Institute. India was the fifth largest military spender in 2017.
- GRSE To Build 8 Anti-Submarine Warfare Shallow Watercraft For Indian Navy.
-The Defence Ministry has awarded a contract of worth Rs 6,311 crore to Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Limited to build eight anti-submarine warfare for the Indian Navy.
- US Withdraws From UN Arms Trade Treaty.
-US President Donald Trump stated that his administration is withdrawing the U.S. signature from the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty, in response to concerns from gun rights activists that it could impinge on Americans right to bear arms.
- Wipro Acquires Philippines’ Largest Personal Care Company ‘Splash’.
-Wipro Consumer Care announced that it is acquiring personal care company ‘Splash’, which is based in the Philippines.
- PFA Awards 2018/19 Announced: Complete List of Winner.
-Liverpool defender Virgil van Dijk and Arsenal Women Football Club’s Vvianne Miedema were named Professional Footballers Association Players’ Player of the Year for the 2018/19 season.
- Golfer Gaganjeet Bhullar Wins Outstanding Achievement As a Player Award.
-Arjuna awardee and star Indian golfer Gaganjeet Bhullar won the outstanding achievement as a player award at the fouth edition of the annual India Golf Industry Association awards at the Delhi Golf Club.
- Dilip Kumar Appointed As Officer On Special Duty In Office Of Lokpal.
-Senior IAS officer Dilip Kumar was appointed as the Officer on Special Duty in the office of Lokpal. Kumar, a 1995-batch IAS officer of Punjab cadre, is at present joint secretary, National Human Rights Commission.