- NITI Aayog has conducted the first Samavesh meeting of the National Steering Group
- Thawar Chand Gehlot, the Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment inaugurated the 15th National meeting of the State Commissioners for Persons with Disabilities (PwD)
- India has taken a new initiative to supply cheap LED bulbs for the citizens of London in the United Kingdom.
- Singapore-based Ascendas-Singbridge Pvt Ltd and Sembcorp Development Ltd were awarded a contract by the Andhra Pradesh government to act as the master developer for a start-up area in the capital city of Amaravati.
- Indian Army gets its First Artillery Gun called M777 from BAE Systems in 30 Years
- Cabinet has approved Amendment of the Ancient Monuments and Remains Act, 1958
- ISRO, NASA to jointly inspect ‘oldest civilization’ an archaeological site in Haryana’s Fatehabad
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) gives Approval to New Coal Linkage Policy
- Union Cabinet Approves Proposal to Build 10 indigenous Pressurised Heavy Water Reactors (PHWR)
- Union Cabinet approves pan-India implementation of Maternity Benefit Program
- IIEST has successfully created the country’s first smart grid project, which will generate power from renewable sources of energy.
- The Ministries of Shipping and Rural Development has signed an MoU on ‘Sagarmala project’ in collaboration with Deen Dayal Upadhyay- Gramin Kaushalya Yojna (DDU- GKY) in New Delhi.
- BSNL has inked agreements with Facebook and MobiKwik in order to popularize the internet and its value added services among its customers.
- India has moved up to the second spot from third position in this year’s (2017) ‘Renewable energy country attractiveness index’ released by EY (Earnest and Young).
- Cabinet approves pharma mission to develop bio pharmaceuticals
- Amnesty International launches new global campaign ‘Brave’
- Australian state considers assisted suicide for terminally ill patients
- Headquarters of Independent Permanent Human Rights Commission (IPHRC)of Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) inaugurated at Jeddah Saudi Arabia
- SpaceX launches Inmarsat communications satellite
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY NEWS:
- Brand finance in its 2017 report that lists India’s 100 most valuable brands has named Tata Group as the most valuable brand in India at an estimated brand value of $13.1 billion.
AWARDS AND HONOURS :
- 2 Indian activists wins Green Oscars
- Two Indian activists Sanjay Gubbi and Purnima Barman have won the annual Whitley Awards, popularly known as the ‘Green Oscars’, for their works in the field of animal and bird conservation in India.
- David Letterman, who was the longest-running host of late-night TV shows in the United States, was on 17 May 2017 awarded with the Mark Twain Prize 2017 for American humour.
- Indian scientist Shrinivas Kulkarni has won the prestigious Dan David prize for his contribution in the field of astronomy.
- Japanese tennis player Junn Mitsuhashi (27-year) gets life ban for match-fixing
- Environment Minister Anil Madhav Dave Passes Away
- Veteran actress Reema Lagoo passes away
(Visited 478 time, 1 visit today)