Current Affairs 18th August 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- AP Home Minister flags off riot control vehicle ‘Vajra’
-Arunachal Pradesh State Home Minister Bamang Felix flagged of 5 Anti-Riot police vehicle, also known as Vajra, from Police Headquarter in Itanagar.
- Aamir Khan launches Mission Shakti sports initiative in Maharashtra
-Film actor Aamir Khan attended the launch function of Mission Shakti, an initiative by Maharashtra minister Sudhir Mungantiwar to train athletes from Chandrapur and Gadchiroli for international events like the Olympics.
- Rajasthan Assembly passes bills against honour killings and Mob Lynching
–The Rajasthan Assembly passed Bills against mob lynching and honour killing, which make the cognisable, non–bailable and non-compoundable offences with life imprisonment and a fine up to Rs 5 lakh. The bill to curb honour killing also has a provision of the death penalty for the convict.
- Centre has approved the project to link Kosi & Mechi rivers
–The Centre has approved a Kosi-Mechi river interlining project in Bihar. Estimated cost of the project is Rs 4,900 crore.
- U.S. labels China a ‘currency manipulator’
–The United States has officially labeled China a “currency manipulator”. The US has accused China of using yuan to gain “unfair competitive advantage” in trade.
- AustralianSuper, Ontario Teachers’ to invest $2 bn in NIIF
-AustralianSuper and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan will invest $1 billion each in the National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) Master Fund.
SUMMIT AND CONFERENCES
- Udaipur to host India’s Largest Education Brainstorm
–The 3rd edition of India’s largest education brainstorming event, the ScooNews Global Educators Fest (SGEF) will held in the city of lakes, Udaipur.
- 2nd All India Annual Conference of IIS Officers
–The 2nd All India Annual Conference of Indian Information Service Officers was held in New Delhi. The Conference was organized with a view to attain greater integration of all Media Units under the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting in order to further amplify government communication.