Current Affairs 17th May 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- Government Hikes Customs Duty On Wheat To 40%.
-The Government has hiked the customs duty on wheat to 40% from 30% to curb imports and protect the domestic industry.
- IRDAI Forms Panel To Review Microinsurance Framework.
-Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India has set up a 13 member committee under IRDAI Executive Director Suresh Mathur to review the regulatory framework on microinsurance and recommend measures to increase the demand for such products.
- Vladimir Putin, Kim Jong Un Hold 1st Ever talks.
-Russia’s Vladimir Putin and North Korea’s Kim Jong Un met face to face for the first time and vowed to seek closer ties.
- UN, EU Sign Agreement To Strengthen Partnership in Counter-Terrorism Efforts.
-The United Nations and the European Union have signed a joint framework aimed at strengthening partnership in counter-terrorism efforts.
- China Hosted 2nd Celt And Road Forum In Beijing.
-The second edition of Belt and Road Forum was held in Beijing, China in which 37 heads-of-state and 159 countries had participated along with United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres and International Monetary Chief Christine Lagarde.
- 5th ABU Media Summit Held In Kathmandu.
-The 5th Asia Pacific Broadcasting Union Media Summit on Climate Action and Disaster Preparedness was held at Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Canara Bank, Canara HSBC OBC Life Launch ‘Webassurance’.
-Canara Bank and its life insurance partner Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance launched ‘Webassurance’ to enable its customers to purchase life insurance in a convenient and hassle-free way.
- Jacques Kallis Receives Ikhamanga Award 2019.
-Ex-South Africa all-rounder Jacques Kallis has been honoured with the Order of Ikhamanga in the Silver Division.