Current Affairs 16th July 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- Indian Haj mission adopts Digital India, equality of women
-Indian Haj mission in Saudi Arabia adopts Digital India, equality of women. It aims to reach out to a large number of pilgrims as part of the Government of India’s initiative of Digital India.
- Bonalu festival kicks off in Telangana
–The annual Bonalu festival kicked off at the Jagadamba temple in historic Golconda Fort, Telangana.
- J&K govt approves Aadhaar-linked payment for pension disbursal
–The Jammu and Kashmir government approves Aadhaar-linked payment mode for pension disbursal.
- Operation ‘Sudarshan’ launched along the Pakistan border
-BSF has launched the operation ‘Sudarshan’ to fortify the ‘anti-infiltration grid’ along the Pakistan border in Punjab and Jammu.
- Harideesh Kumar appointed as Director of IBPS
–B Harideesh Kumar has been appointed as director of Institute of Banking Personnel Selection for a period of three years. Earlier, he was the Executive Director of Canara Bank.
- World Youth Cup: Arinjeeta Dey wins silver medal
-Arinjeeta Dey, a 10-year-old girl, has won a silver medal in the World Youth Cup held in Umag, Croatia.
- Copa America 2019: Brazil wins Title on home soil
-Ten-man Brazil held on to win the Copa America on home soil despite Gabriel Jesus’s dismissal with a 3-1 victory over Peru.
- Canada Open Badminton: Li Shi Feng won the men’s singles title
–Li Shi Feng has won the men’s singles title of Canada Open Badminton. He defeated India’s Parupalli Kashyap in the title clash.
- 4 Gold medals for India in Kutno Athletics Meet
–Indian athletes have won 4 gold medals in the Kutno Athletics Meet held in Poland.
Following is the list of winners in the different categories:
- Hima Das won the gold while K. Vismaya bagged the silver in the women’s 200m race.
- Muhammed Anas won the gold in men’s 200 m race.
- M P Jabir won the gold while Jithin Paul bagged the bronze medal in the men’s 400m hurdles.
- P Saritaben (gold), Sonia Baishya (silver) and R Vithya (bronze)won the women’s 400 m race.