Current Affairs 14th November 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. In 2020, World Athletics Day
was observed on ________.
A. 05 May
B. 06 May
C. 07 May
D. 08 May
Explanation: The World Athletics Day-2020 is observed on the 7 May.
● The date is subjected to change as IAAF decides the date every year, but the month remains the same which is May.
02. Which of the following department
has started referring to its
meteorological sub-division of
Jammu and Kashmir as “Jammu &
Kashmir, Ladakh, Gilgit-Baltistan
A. India Post
B. Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
C. Archaeological Survey of India
D. India Meteorological Department
The India Meteorological Department (IMD) has started referring to its meteorological sub-
division of Jammu and Kashmir as “Jammu & Kashmir, Ladakh, Gilgit-Baltistan and
● Muzaffarabad is part of Pakistan-occupied Kashmir while Gilgit-Baltistan is also under illegal
03. The government has extended the
last date for filing annual GST
return for financial year 2018-19 till
A. August 2020
B. July 2020
C. September 2020
D. November 2020
Explanation: The government has extended the last date for filing annual GST return for financial year 2018-19 by
three months till September 2020.
● The Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) has also extended the validity of e-way bills
that were generated on or before March 24, and had expiry between March 20 and April 15, 2020.
04. Which of the following gas has
leak from LG polymers plant in
A. Methyl methacrylate
B. Cumene gas
C. Styrene gas
D. Ethylbenzene gas
Explanation: A gas leak at a polymer plant in Visakhapatnam has killed many people and forced the evacuation of
thousands of people in the 3-kilometre radius.
● The leakage of styrene gas, which causes nausea and dizziness, took place early when the plant was preparing
to resume production in view of the eased Covid-19 lockdown restrictions.
05. Sriram Venkataraman has been
appointed as the Chief Financial
Officer of ________.
A. Amazon India
D. State Bank of India
Explanation: Walmart-owned Flipkart has appointed Sriram Venkataraman as chief financial officer (CFO) for
the commerce division (Flipkart and Myntra) of India’s homegrown company.
● The announcement comes after Emily McNeal, who held the role of Flipkart Group CFO since September 2018, quit returning to the US to pursue a career opportunity outside the Walmart Group.
06. Which of the following country has
recently launched new rocket
‘Long March 5B’?
Explanation: China’s latest state-of-the-art carrier rocket, the Long March-5B, made a successful maiden flight, during which the new rocket managed to send the assembly of a trial version of the country’s new-generation manned spaceship.
● The successful launch signaled that a new era of the construction of China’s manned space projects including space stations.
07. World Red Cross Day is
observed every year on
A. 06 May
B. 07 May
C. 08 May
D. 09 May
Explanation: May 8 is observed as the World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day.
● Every year, the day celebrates the principles of the “International Red Cross and Red Crescent
08. India has signed an MoU with
which of the following country to
import coking coal to meet
requirements of Indian steel
Explanation: India and Russia are in talks to expand their energy partnership by increasing crude oil imports from Russia.
● Both the countries signed a memorandum of understanding to import coking coal to meet the requirements of Indian steel industry.
● Delhi is seeking a long-term agreement for supply of crude oil from Russia as it seeks to diversify its sources for hydrocarbons.
09. Recently, Tamil Nadu has raised
the retirement age of government
employees from 58 to ________.
A. 60 years
B. 60.5 years
C. 61 years
Explanation: Tamil Nadu government increased the retirement age of its staff from 58 years to 59 years to defer an outgo of Rs
5,000 crore towards retirement benefits for the current fiscal.
● More than 25,000 government employees were set to superannuate this financial year.
● Those who are due for retirement on May 31 this year will now retire on May 31, 2021.
10. Which of the following State/UT government has launched an e-
token system for liquor sale?
A. Uttar Pradesh
Explanation: Delhi Government launched an e-token system for liquor sale in the national capital to ensure social distancing and to stop overcrowding.
● The decision was taken to encourage people to avoid long queues by applying for an e-token with a time slot at any nearby shop to buy liquor.