Current Affairs 14th June 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- Chandrani Murmu became the youngest MP in India’s history.
–In a first, a 25-year-old engineering graduate from Odisha has become the youngest Member of Parliament to the 17th Lok Sabha.
- Tripura to host 10th National Science Film Festival of India in 2020.
–In an effort to raise awareness about science and environment through films, the 10th National Science Film Festival of India (NSFFI) will be organised in Tripura in January and February 2020.
- ICA issues first UAE Permanent Residency ‘Golden Card’ in Abu Dhabi.
-UAE’s Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA) has issued the first Golden Residence Permit in Abu Dhabi, as part of the Investors Permanent Residence System aimed to attract investors, entrepreneurs and qualified individuals who meet its criteria.
- Jay-Z Named World’s 1st Billionaire Rapper By Forbes Magazine.
-Jay-Z has been named the world’s first billionaire rapper by Forbes.
- IndianOil, BPCL And HPCL Ink JV For Kandla-Gorakhpur LPG Pipeline Project.
–IndianOil, Bharat Petroleum Corporation (BPCL) and Hindustan Petroleum Corp Ltd (HPCL) had signed a joint venture in New Delhi for Kandla-Gorakhpur LPG Pipeline Project. They will be laying the world’s longest LPG pipeline from Kandla (Gujarat) to Gorakhpur (UP).
- CAG Rajiv Mehrishi chosen External Auditor for WHO.
–The election was held in the 72nd WHO Assembly in Geneva where the CAG Rajiv Mehrishi was elected with a majority (90 out of 162 votes) in the first round of voting itself.
- RBI approves appointment of Rakesh Makhija as chairman of Axis Bank.
-Axis Bank stated that the Reserve Bank of India has approved the appointment of Rakesh Makhija as chairman of the bank.
- Ex-President Pratibha Patil Awarded With Mexico’s Highest Civilian Award.
-Former President Pratibha Patil was bestowed on the highest civilian award of Mexico for foreigners. She had served as the first woman president of India during 2007-12.
- World Bicycle Day: 03rd June.
-The United Nations General Assembly declared 3 June as International World Bicycle Day.
- Actor-Singer Ruma Guha Thakurta Passes Away.
-Actor-singer Ruma Guha Thakurta, who featured in films such as Jwar Bhata, Ganga and 36 Chowringhee Lane while straddling an equally successful playback career, died aged 84.