Current Affairs 14th August 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- Art – 370 and Art -35-A revoked from J&K by GOI
–A series of historical decisions which includes the scrapping of Article 370 & Art-35-A and the introduction of “J&K Reorganisation Bill 2019” were taken today during the session of Rajya Sabha.
- Lalit Kala Akademi celebrates 65th Foundation Day
-National Academy of Art, Lalit Kala Akademi, celebrated its 65th Foundation Day in New Delhi.
- RBI imposes Rs 11 cr fine on 7 PSBs for violating norms
–The Reserve Bank of India has imposed a collective penalty of Rs 11 crore on 7 public sector banks. The penalty has been imposed for non-compliance with certain provisions of directions issued by RBI on ‘Code of Conduct for Opening and Operating Current Accounts.
- Noel Quinn becomes interim CEO of HSBC
-HSBC has announced the departure of its Chief Executive Officer John Flint. Noel Quinn, the head of HSBC’s Global Commercial Banking unit will replace John Flint as the interim CEO.
- Debashis Chatterjee becomes MD and CEO of Mindtree
–Indian IT company Mindtree Ltd has announced the appointment of Debashis Chatterjee as its new Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer.
SUMMIT AND CONFERENCES
- EAM Jaishankar attends 10th Mekong-Ganga Cooperation in Bangkok
-External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar attended 10th Mekong-Ganga Cooperation (MGC) in Thailand’s Bangkok.
- HRD Minister inaugurates Technology Expo at IIT Delhi
-Human Resources Development Minister inaugurating Technology Expo at IIT Delhi to showcase the latest innovation in the field of science and technology.
- India test-fires Surface to Air-Missile from Chandipur
–India successfully test-fired its all-weather tracked-chassis Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air Missile (QR-SAM) from a mobile launcher at launch complex III of the Integrated Test Range at Chandipur in Odisha.
- Veteran Gujarati journalist Kanti Bhatt passes away
–Veteran Gujarati journalist, author and columnist Kanti Bhatt passed away. He also worked as writer and editor in various Gujarati publications like Chitralekha, Mumbai Samachar, Janshakti, Sandesh, Yuva Darshan, Jansatta, Vyapar and Abhiyan.