Current Affairs 14th April 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- DoT Approves Merger of Tata Tele Unit & Airtel With Riders.
-The Department of Telecommunications has approved the merger of Tata Teleservices with Bharti Airtel Ltd. Subject to the condition that it furnishes a Rs 7200 crore bank guarantee.
- India’s 1st Indigenously Built Dhanush Howitzer Inducted In Army.
-India’s first indigenously designed and developed Dhanush artillery gun was inducted in the Indian Army during a ceremony held at Ordnance Factory in Jabalpur, MP. The Army had placed an order for more than 110 of these guns with the Ordnance Factory.
- Hong Kong’s Stock Market Overtakes Japan To Be World’s 3rd Largest.
-Hong Kong’s equity market hs overtaken Japan to be the world’s third largest in value, behind only the U.S. and mainland China.
- Jean Michel Lapin Announced As Haiti’s new Prime Minister.
-President Jovenel Moise announced that Jean Michel Lapin will be the new prime minister of Haiti. It is French-speaking Caribbean Community Country.
- 2 West Bengal Government Schemes Win UN Awards.
-Two schemes of the West Bengal government for skill develpoment- “Utkarsh Bangla” and distribution of bicycles to students “Sabooj Sathi” have won the prestigious World Summit on the information Society awards of the United Nations.
- Telugu Poet K Siva Reddy Selected For Prestigious Saraswati Samman 2018.
-Telugu poet K Siva Reddy has been selected for the Prestigious Saraswati Samman, 2018 for his collection of poetry titled Pakkaki Ottiglite. The award carries a cash prize of 15 lakh rupees, a citation and a plaque.
- Gargi Kaul Appointed Secretary of Defence Finance.
-In a bureucratic reshuffle, the Centre has appointed Gargi Kaul as Secretary, Defence Finance.
- International Day of Human Space Flight: 12 April.
-The General Assembly declared 12 April as the International Day of Human Space Flight to celebrate each year at the international level the beginning of the space era for mankind.