Current Affairs 13th November 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. Which of the following country has
isolated a key coronavirus
antibody and called the step a
“significant breakthrough” toward
a possible treatment for the
Explanation: Israel has isolated a key coronavirus antibody at its main biological research laboratory calling the step
a “significant breakthrough” toward a possible treatment for the coronavirus pandemic.
● The “monoclonal neutralising antibody” developed at the Israel Institute for Biological Research (IIBR)
“can neutralise it (the disease-causing coronavirus) inside carriers’ bodies.
02. The United States Treasury
department plans to borrow
________ during the April-June
quarter to deal with the
A. USD 3.7 trillion
B. USD 1.1 trillion
C. USD 2.9 trillion
D. USD 2.1 trillion
Explanation: The United States Treasury department said it plans to borrow USD 2.9 trillion during the April-June quarter
to deal with the coronavirus pandemic.
● According to The Wall Street Journal, this is five times of what the United States borrowed at the peak of the
2008 financial crisis.
03. Who among the following has
been recently appointed as
director on RBI central board?
A. Ajeet Mohantai
B. Tarun Bajaj
C. Rajeev Bansal
D. Mohit Suri
Explanation: The government has appointed Economic Affairs Secretary Tarun Bajaj as a director on the central board of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
● Bajaj replaces Atanu Chakraborty, who retired on April 30.
04. Recently, Dalit Ezhilmalai
passed away. He was a/an
B. Football player
Explanation: Former Union Minister Dalit Ezhilamalai passed away in Chennai.
● Ezhilamalai was a leader of the Pattali Makkal Katchi, and was Union
Minister of State, Health and Family Welfare (Independent Charge)
during the Atal Bihari Vajpayee government in 1998–99.
05. Which of the following Indian
Navy Ship reached Male for
evacuation of Indian Nationals?
A. INS Shardul
B. INS Vajra
C. INS Saathi
D. INS Jalashwa
Explanation: Indian Navy Ship INS Jalashwa has reached Male for evacuation of Indian Nationals as part of Samudra
● The ship will leave for Kochi carrying around 700 indians.
06. Indian government has started one
of the largest evacuation exercises
named as ________ to bring
home nearly. 14,800 Indian
nationals stranded abroad due to
the coronavirus lockdown.
A. Watan Wapsi
B. Vande Bharat Mission
C. Operation Thunderbolt
D. Operation Shanti Doot
Explanation: In one of the largest evacuation exercises named the Vande Bharat Mission, the government will operate 64 flights till
May 13 to bring home nearly 14,800 Indian nationals stranded abroad due to the coronavirus lockdown.
● The preparations for the operation have commenced and also urged the stranded individuals to stay in touch with the Indian embassies in their countries.
07. Private schools in which of the
following Indian state’s Private
schools decided to reduce fees
by 50% during the lockdown
Explanation: In Mizoram, all private schools have decided to reduce the school fees from the students by 50%
during the lockdown period.
● This is also resolved that those schools, which have already taken full monthly fees from the students
for April, will not charge fees for the month of May.
08. Tripura government has
launched an online portal
‘Mukhyamantri Yuba Yogayog
Yojana’ to provide________ to
youths who are in final year in
colleges or Universities as a
grant for Smartphones.
A. Rs 3,000
B. Rs 5,000
C. Rs 6,000
D. Rs 8,000
Explanation: Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb has launched an online portal scholarships.gov.in under ‘Mukhyamantri
Yuba Yogayog Yojana’.
● Under the Yojana, the state government will provide Rs. 5,000 to 14,608 youths who are in the final year in colleges or Universities as a grant for Smartphones.
09. Who among the following took
over as Director General Labour
A. Ajeet Mohan
B. Rahul Verma
C. Yash Desai
Explanation: Indian Economic Services officer D P S Negi took charge as Director General of Labour
Bureau in the Ministry of Labour and Employment.
● The Labour Bureau collects and analyses data related to workers, employment, and retail
● Besides Negi also assumed charge as Senior Labour & Employment Advisor of the ministry.
10. Recently, a biography has been
published on the life of Vijyant
Thapar. Vijyant Thapar was
A. Former ISRO chief
B. Governor of Rajasthan
C. Indian Army officer
D. Bengali Poet
Explanation: Penguin Random House will publish the e-book titled as “Vijyant at Kargil:
The Life of a Kargil Hero”.
● The book is“first-ever” biography giving a rare insight into the heart and
mind of one of India’s bravest soldiers.
● The book has been penned by Vijyant’s father Colonel VN Thapar and
writer Neha Dwivedi, a martyr’s daughter herself.
● Captain Vijyant Thapar was only 22 when he was martyred in the Kargil
war in 1999.