Current Affairs 13th August 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- KABIL set up to ensure supply of critical Minerals to Indian market
–A joint venture company Khanij Bidesh India limited has been set up with the participation of 3 Central Public Sector Enterprises.
- BIS to set up Pashmina testing centre in Leh
-Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) in collaboration with Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council (LAHDC) will work together to promote the pashmina products at the high-level market for the proper value of this fine product of pashmina (Lena-Ladakhi).
- MIB launches a competition for designing Postage Stamp
-Ministry of Information & Broadcasting has launched a competition for designing a Postage Stamp along with the First Day Cover to commemorate Golden Jubilee edition of International Film Festival of India (IFFI).
- Crisil cuts India’s GDP growth forecast to 6.9% for FY 2019-20
–Ratings agency CRISIL has cut its forecast for India’s GDP growth by20 basis points for FY 2019-20.
RANKS AND REPORTS
- India slips to 7th largest economy in 2018
–According to the World Bank, India has been pushed to the 7th place in the global GDP rankings in 2018. In 2017, India had emerged as the 6th largest economy.
- Guruprasad Mohapatra takes charge as DPIIT secretary
–IAS Officer Guruprasad Mohapatra assumed charge as the secretary of the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade.
- Ravi Capoor assumes Charge as Secretary Textiles
–Ravi Capoor, an Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer, assumed charge of the office of Secretary, Ministry of Textiles in New Delhi.
- Atish Dabholkar appointed as the new director of ICTP
–Atish Dabholkar, a theoretical physicist from India, has been appointed as the new director of Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) in Trieste, Italy. He will succeed Fernando Quevedo, who has led the centre since 2009.
- Ravish Kumar wins Ramon Magsaysay award 2019
-Indian journalist Ravish Kumar has been awarded the 2019 Ramon Magsaysay Award for “harnessing journalism to give voice to the voiceless”.