Current Affairs 12th June 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- Telangana Formation Day: 2nd June.
-On the occasion of the fifth Telangana State Formation Day on 2nd June 2019, President Ram Nath Kovind and Prime Minister Narendra Modi have extended their wishes to the people of the state.
- Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa leaves for 4-day Sweden visit.
-Air Chief Marshal Birender Singh Dhanoa has left for Sweden on a four-day official visit. He will visit various operational and training units as well as interact with senior functionaries of the Swedish Air Force amongst others.
- Financial Literacy Week to be observed during June 3-7.
-Financial Literacy Week 2019 to be observed from June 3-7 on the theme of “Farmers” and how they benefit system. Financial Literacy Week is an initiative of RBI to promote awareness of key topics every year through a focused campaign. Growth in agriculture is necessary for the overall economic growth and finance is an essential enabler for the same. RBI is actively involved in formulating policies that enhance the flow of credit to the farming community.
- Overseas investors pump over Rs 9,000 crore into Indian capital markets in May.
– Overseas investors pumped more than 9,000 crore rupees into the Indian capital markets in last month on expectations of more business-friendly measures.
- GST collections cross Rs 1 lakh crore mark for third straight month.
-India’s goods and services tax revenue collections crossed Rs 1 lakh crore for the third straight month in May to Rs 1,00,289 crore, despite the slowdown in the industrial activities. However, GST mop-up in May was lower than the all-time high of Rs 1.13 lakh crore in the month of April, highest ever since the indirect tax regime was rolled out on 1st July 2017.
- Ajit Doval Stays As NSA, gets Cabinet Rank with 5-Year Term.
-Ajit Doval has been granted cabinet status and five more years as the National Security Adviser. He has been given cabinet rank in recongnition of his contribution in the national security domain. Ajit Doval has been granted cabinet status and five more years as the National Security Adviser.
- World Milk Day: 1st June.
-The Food and Agriculture Oragnisation of the United Nations selected June 1st as World Mild Day, which celebrates the important contributions of the dairy sector to sustainability, economic development livelihoods and nutrition.
- Liverpool beat Tottenham Hotspur to win Champions League trophy.
-In Football, Liverpool breezed past Tottenham at Madrid to win the Champions League for the sixth time. In the all-English showpiece, the Reds got the better of Spurs with a 2-nil win. Mohamed Salah put Liverpool in front after just two minutes when he converted a penalty following a handball by Moussa Sissoko.