Current Affairs 12th April 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- India’s Population Grew At 1.2% Average Annual Rate Between 2010 And 2019: UN Report.
-India’s population grew at an average annual rate of 1.2% between 2010 and 2019 to 1.36 billion, more than double the annual growth rate of China, according to a report by the United Nations Population Fund.
- Government Retains Interest Rate For General Provident Fund at 8%.
-The government has retained the interest rate for General Provident Fund, Contributory Provident Fund and other related schemes at 8% for the first quarter of the current financial year.
- India Sweden Ink Pact To Collaborate On Solutions For Smart Cities.
-India and Sweden launched a joint programme that will work towards addressing a range of challenges around smart cities and clean technologies among others.
- Astronomers Capture First-ever Image of A Black Hole.
-Astronomers have taken the first-ever image of a black hole, which is located in a distant galaxy known as ‘Messier 87’.
- 1ST of Its Kinds, SBI and PAISALO Digital Limited Signed Agreement.
-PAISALO Digital Limited signed the first co-origination laon agreement with State Bank of India, the first agreement of its kind in the country that State Bank of India has signed. Introducing a platform for the last mile customer, the loan ticket is designed at Rs 10,000 to 2 lakh.
- Abdelkader Bensalah Appointed As Algeria’s New President.
-Algeria’s parliament confirmed Abdelkader Bensalah as the new interim president of the country, following resignation by the ailing Abdelaziz Bouteflika. Bouteflika’s resignation, fuelled by protests that have lasted over a month, means Algeria has a new president for the first time in 20 years.
- Vikram Nath Appointed As First Chief Justice of New Andhra Pradesh High Court.
-Justice Vikram Nath, the senior most judge of Allahabad High Court, was appointed as the first Justice of the newly-constituted Andhra Pradesh High Court.
- Smriti Mandhana Named Wisden’s Leading Women’s Cricketer Of The Year.
-Team India opener Smriti mandhana has been named as the Wisden Almanack’s ‘Leading women’s Cricketer of the Year’
- Indonesian Nuraeni Named Best Athletic Coach In Asia 2019.
-Indonesian Eni Nuraeni was named by Asian Athletic Association as the best athletic coach in Asia for the short-haul run category in 2019. It was announced by Indonesian athletic sports association.
- K.M. Mani, Longest-Serving Legislator in Kerala’s History, Passes Away.
-Kerala Congress Chairman K.M. Mani, the longest-serving legislator in the State’s history, is no more. He was 86 years old.