Current Affairs 11th November 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. Indian-origin girl Vaneeza
Rupani got the honour to name
Nasa’s first Mars helicopter.
She named the helicopter as
Explanation: Nasa’s first Mars helicopter has a name now and the credit goes to 17-year-old Indian-origin girl
● Rupani, a high school junior from Northport, Alabama, earned the honour of naming the helicopter
after she submitted her essay into NASA’s “Name the Rover” contest.
● Destined to become the first aircraft to attempt powered flight on another planet, NASA’s Mars
Helicopter officially named: Ingenuity, as suggested by Rupani.
02. Which of the following
country’s president chaired the
Virtual Non-Aligned Movement
A. South Africa
Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi participated in the Virtual Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) Summit through Video
● The summit discussed and decided on the enhanced coordination of the member states in their fight against the
● The special online summit of the heads of state and government of the NAM member states has been convened at
the initiative of President Ilham Aliyev of Azerbaijan, in his capacity as current chair of the Movement.
03. Which of the following state
governments has made it
mandatory to download Arogya
Setu apps mandatory for those
in hotspot areas?
A. Madhya Pradesh
C. Uttar Pradesh
Explanation: Uttar Pradesh government has made it compulsory to download Arogya Setu app
for those living in hotspot areas of the state.
● The state government has issued instructions regarding the opening of offices and resuming work in industrial areas.
04. Which of the following institute
has developed a portable device
‘eCovSens’ that could possibly be
used as a diagnostic tool for
detection of COVID-19 antigens?
A. National Institute of Virology
B. Tata Institute of Fundamental
C. Indian Institute of Science
D. National Institute of Animal
Explanation: Researchers from Hyderabad-based National Institute of Animal Biotechnology (NIAB) have developed a
portable device ‘eCovSens’ that could possibly be used as a diagnostic tool for detection of COVID-19
antigens from saliva samples of suspected coronavirus patients within 30 seconds.
● Developed by a group of scientists, led by Sonu Gandhi from NIAB, Department of Biotechnology, the
device is named as ‘eCovSens’ and is at present in the validation stage.
05. Which of the following bank has
released a collaborative song
to keep hopes up amidst
A. Axis Bank
B. State Bank of India
C. Yes Bank
D. HDFC Bank
Explanation: HDFC Bank released a collaborative song titled #HumHaarNahiMaanenge (We will not lose).
● Composed by Oscar and Grammy Award-winning musician AR Rahman, with lyrics by Prasoon Joshi,
the song is “a tribute to the indomitable spirit of India and millions of Indians who are standing
together to fight the Covid-19 pandemic”.
06. Which of the following has been
appointed as the Chief Risk Officer
of Yes Bank?
A. Ajay Tripathi
B. Manoj Rawat
C. Neeraj Dhawan
D. Akash Joshi
Explanation: Yes Bank has appointed Neeraj Dhawan as its chief risk officer with immediate effect for a period of
● He will assume charge in place of Ashish Agarwal, the current chief risk officer, who will be transitioning
to a new role in the bank.
07. Recently, the Commonwealth
Youth Games has been shifted to
2023. These games were
scheduled to take place in
C. Trinidad and Tobago
Explanation: The Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) Executive Board have decided to consider rescheduling
options for the 2021 Commonwealth Youth Games.
● The CGF has agreed to consider the best alternative options and time frames for staging the event in
the future, potentially in 2023.
● The seventh Commonwealth Youth Games were scheduled to take place from 1-7 August 2021 in
Trinidad and Tobago.
08. Who among the following is author
of the book, “Shivaji in South
Block: The Unwritten History of a
A. Girish Kuber
A. Akash Anjum
B. Manmohan Suri
C. Brijesh Bhushan
Explanation: A new book will dwell on Maharashtra’s history and evolution from a rich past to the modern times
and list its enormous contribution to the tapestry of the country’s culture and thought.
● In Shivaji in South Block: The Unwritten History of a Proud People, journalist Girish Kuber talks about
Maharashtra’s politics, history and society.
09. Peter Ebdon announced his retirement. he was associated
with which of the following sports?
Explanation: Former world snooker champion Peter Ebdon forced to retire due to neck injury which he admits could have
left him paralysed if he turned to surgery to try and prolong his career.
● Ebdon famously defeated Stephen Hendry 18-17 to win the world championship in 2002, and also triumphed
in the 2006 UK Championship in one of his other eight ranking event wins.
10. Recently, KS Nisar Ahmed passed
away. He was a famous
Explanation: Renowned Kannada poet KS Nisar Ahmed passed away.
● He was popularly known as “Nityotsava Kavi”.
● He was awarded the Pampa Award (the highest literary award in Karnataka) in 2017.