Current Affairs 11th May 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- ICMR Launches Malaria Elimination Research Alliance.
-The Indian Council of Medical Research has launched the ‘Malaria Elimination Research Alliance India which is a conglomeration of partners working on malaria control in order to eliminate the disease from India by 2030.
- Microsoft Becomes World’s Third Company To Be Worth $1 Trillion.
-Microsoft has reached a valuation of one trillion dollars for the first time after posting an increase in profits. It makes the software giant only the third publicly-traded company in history to reach the threshold after Apple and Amazon passed it in 2018.
- RBI Introduces Rs 20 Banknote In Mahatma Gandhi Series.
-The Reserve Bank of India will shortly issue Rs 20 denomination banknotes in the Mahatma Gandhi Series, bearing the signature of Shri Shaktikanta Das, Governor, Reserve Bank of India.
- Indian Army Inks MoU With NHPC To Build Tunnels On China, Pakistan Borders.
-Indina Army signed a Memorandum of Understanding with National Hydroelectric Power Corporation Limited, to build four underground tunnels along China and Pakistan borders for storage of ammunition and other war-related equipment.
- Rana Dasgupta Wins 2019 Tagore Literary Prize.
-The second edition of Rabindranath Tagore Literary Prize was awarded to author Rana Dasgupta for his 2010 novel “Solo”, a tale of estrangement and the ultimate failure of material existence.
SCHEMES AND COMMITTEES
- CPWD Constitutes 8-member Committee To Chart Out Design Policy.
-The Central Works Public Department has constituted an expert committee to formulate a design policy for building construction and infrastructure development. The committee has been set up under the chairmainship of CPWD’s Additional Director General M K Sharma.
SUMMITS AND CONFERENCES
- ABU Media Summit On Climate Action and Disaster Preparedness Held In Nepal.
-5th Asia Pacific Broadcasting Union Media Summit on Climate Action and Disaster Preparedness held in Kathmandu.