Computer Study Sheet for IT Officer 4
Dear Friends with IT officer exams scheduled to take place in a couple of months we are here with our 1st sheet on computer study material for IT Officer.
1. To change selected text to all capital letters, click the change case button, and then click
(A) Uppercase (B) Upper all (C) Capslock (D) Lock upper (E) Large Size
2. A person who uses his or her expertise to gain access to other people’s computers to get information illegal or do damage is a
(A) hacker (B) analyst (C) instant messenger (D) programmer (E) spammer
3. A device that connects to a network without the use of cables is said to be
(A) distributed (B) free (C) centralized (D) open source (E) None of these
4. Reusable optical storage will typically have the acronym
(A) CD (B) DVD (C) ROM (D) RW (E) ROS
5. The most common type of storage devices are
(A) persistent (B) optical (C) magnetic (D) flash (E) steel
6. Codes consisting of lines of varying widths or lengths that are computer readable are known as
(A) an ASCII code (B) a magnetic tape (C) a bar code (D) an OCR scanner (E) None of these
7. A web site’s main page is called its
(A) Homepage (B) Browser page (C) Search Page (D) Bookmark (E) None of these
8. Part number, part description and number of parts ordered are examples of
(A) control (B) output (C) processing (D) feedback (E) input
9. To access properties of an object , the mouse technique to use is
(A) dragging (B) dropping (C) right clicking (D) shift-clicking (E) None of these
10. Computers use the ________ number system to store data and perform calculations.
(A) binary (B) octal (C) decimal (D) hexadecimal (E) None of these
11. __________ are attempts by individuals to obtain confidential information from you by falsifying this identity.
(A) Phishing trips (B) Viruses (C) Spyware scams (D) spoofing (E) phishing scam
12. Why it is unethical to share copyrighted files with your friends?
(A) It is not unethical, because it is legal
(B) It is unethical because the files are being given for free
(C) Sharing copyrighted files without permission breaks copyright laws.
(D) It is not unethical because the files are being given for free.
(E) It is not unethical – anyone can access a computer.
13. Which of the following can be used to select the entire document.
(A) Ctrl+A (B) Ctrl+K (C) Alt+F5 (D) Shift+A (E) Ctrl+H
14. To instruct Word to fit the width of column to the contents of a table automatically, click the ____ button and point to Autofit Contents.
(A) Fit to form (B) Format (C) Autosize (D) Contents (E) Autofit
15. The simultaneous processing of two or more programs by multiple processors is
(A) multiprogramming (B) multitasking (C) time sharing (D)multiprocessing (E) None of these
16. A disk’s content that is recorded at the time of manufacture and that cannot be changed or erased by the user is
(A) memory only (B) write only (C) once only (D) run only (E) read only
17. What is the permanent memory built into your computer called?
(A) RAM (B) Floppy (C) CPU (D) CD-ROM (E) ROM
18. The default view in excel is ________ view.
(A) Work (B) auto (C) normal (D) roman (E) None of these
19. What displays the contents of the active cell in Execel?
(A) Namebox (B) Row Headings (C) Formulabar (D) Taskpane (E) None of these
20. In word you can force a page break
(A) by positioning your cursor at the appropriate place and pressing the F1 key.
(B) by positioning your cursor at the appropriate place and pressing Ctrl+Enter
(C) by using the Insert/Section Break
(D) by changing the font size of your document
(E) None of these
More Can be found in the PDF Below: