Current Affairs 12th November 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. World Hand Hygiene Day is
observed every year on
A. 03 May
B. 05 May
C. 04 May
D. 05 May
Explanation: The World Health Organization (WHO) has marked 5 May as World Hand
● This day is recognising the role clean and safe hands play in warding off
many serious infections.
● The theme of the campaign is “SAVE LIVES: Clean Your Hands”.
02. According to the ‘Lost at
Home’ report by the UN
Children’s Fund (UNICEF),
What is the number of people
internally displaced in India
due to natural disasters,
conflict and violence in 2019?
A. 1 million
B. 3 million
C. 5 million
D. 6 million
Explanation: More than five million people were internally displaced in India due to natural disasters, conflict and
violence in 2019.
● India constituted the highest number of new internal displacements in the world during the period
followed by the Philippines, Bangladesh and China.
● In India, the total number of new internal displacements in 2019 stood at 5,037,000 – including
5,018,000 due to natural disasters and 19,000 because of conflict and violence.
03. Recently, Indian Navy has
launched _________ to repatriate
Indian citizens from overseas.
A. Operation Sagar Milan
B. Operation Ghar Waapsi
C. Operation Samudra Setu
D. Operation Sagar Manthan
Explanation: Indian Navy has launched Operation Samudra Setu as a part of a national effort to repatriate Indian citizens
● Indian Naval Ships Jalashwa and Magar are presently enroute to Malè in Maldives to commence evacuation
operations as part of Phase-1.
04. Which of the following state
government has launched the
‘Nigah’ program to aware family
members of migrant returnees?
C. Himachal Pradesh
Explanation: Himachal Pradesh, the state government is planning to launch a new programme Nigah, in order to sensitize and
educate the family members of the people coming to the state from other parts of the country.
● Under this programme Asha, health and anganwadi workers would be deployed to create general awareness in
maintaining social distancing during home quarantine.
05. Recently, the Jharkhand government has launched __________ scheme to spike
man-days for MGNREGA to help returnee migrant workers?
A. Birsa Harit Gram Yojana
B. Nilamber-Pitamber Jal Samridhi Yojana
C. Veer Shahid Poto Ho Khel Vikas Yojana
D. A, B and C
The Jharkhand government has launched three schemes to generate 25 crore man-days for
MGNREGA to enable the workers earn wages as well as bring in a long-term plan to provide steady
income to the poor households.
● Chief Minister Hemant Soren launched the ”Birsa Harit Gram Yojana” (plantation scheme), ”Nilamber-
Pitamber Jal Samridhi Yojana” (water scheme) and ”Veer Shahid Poto Ho Khel Vikas Yojana’ (sports scheme) on with an aim to develop rural Jharkhand.
06. Which of the following state
government has launched the
‘Ayush Kavach-Covid’ App?
B. Uttar Pradesh
D. Madhya Pradesh
Explanation: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launched ‘Ayush Kavach-Covid’ app to help people get health
remedies which can be useful in fight against COVID-19.
● The app is designed to tell users how commonly available kitchen ingredients such as tulsi, clove and cinnamon can
be used to enhance the body’s immunity to fight against COVID-19.
07. Recently, Krishnan
Ramachandran has been
appointed as the new Managing
Director (MD) and Chief
Executive Officer (CEO) of
A. ICICI Lombard
B. Iffco Tokio General
C. HDFC ERGO General
D. Max Bupa Health Insurance
Explanation: Max Bupa Health Insurance has appointed Krishnan Ramachandran as its new managing director (MD) and chief executive officer (CEO).
● He succeeds Ashish Mehrotra, who has decided to pursue another opportunity after
a successful stint of almost five years.
08. Who among the following has
been awarded with the
Commemorative World War II
Medal by Russia?
A. Xi Jinping
B. Kim Jong Un
C. Shinzō Abe
D. Emmanuel Macron
Explanation: Russian President Vladimir Putin has honoured North Korean leader Kim Jong Un with a commemorative
World War II medal to mark the 75th anniversary of victory over Nazi Germany.
● That the medal was awarded to Kim for the role he played in safeguarding the memories of Soviet soldiers
who died in the territory of North Korea.
09. Who among the following has
been appointed as Chairperson of
22-member Committee on Public
A. Meenakshi Lekhi
A. Girish Bapat
B. Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury
C. Dilip Ghosh
Explanation: Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla has appointed BJP MP Meenakshi
Lekhi as Chairperson of the Committee on Public Undertakings
● The Committee consists of total of 22 members which includes
15 members of the Lok Sabha and seven members of the Rajya
10. Who among the following has
been appointment as new
Chairman and Managing Director
(CMD) of Indian Renewable Energy
Development Agency (IREDA)?
A. Rohit Tiwari
B. Pradip Kumar Das
C. Manoj Desai
D. Akshat Bhardwaj
Explanation: The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC), chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has provided its consent for the appointment of Pradip Kumar Das as new Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA).
● Pradip Kumar Das is currently handling the post of Director (Finance) at India Tourism Development Corporation Ltd (ITDC).